Motor Vehicle & Vessel

ORDER Motor Vehicle Bond

The motor vehicle title bond is required to register or transfer a vehicle when evidence of ownership is not available. It is commonly used when the original vehicle title has been lost, misplaced, destroyed, or was not received by the buyer. This bond has several different names including Defective Title Bond, Lost Title Bond, Certificate of Title Bond or Motor Vehicle Ownership Surety Bond (REG 5057). The Undocumented Vessel Surety Bond (REG 5058) is used for vessels if proof of ownership cannot be provided and the vessel's value is $2,000 or more. 


  • The rate is $15 per $1,000 bonded, with a $100 minimum premium.
  • If the value of the vehicle is less than $6,650, the premium will be $100 and you can pay online now.
  • If the value of the vehicle is greater than $6,650, we will calculate the premium and email you an invoice and payment link.
  • California vehicles: if the amount of the bond is greater than $25,000, we will need a completed and signed bond application.
  • Foreign vehicles: if the bond amount is greater than $15,000, we will need a completed and signed bond application.
  • Bonds are processed upon receipt of payment and the required documentation.


  1. Complete the bond information on the order page
  2. Fax, email, file upload or text us the following required documentation as proof of ownership
  • Report of Deposit of Fees (RDF)
  • Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment form REG262 OR Bill of Sale form REG 135
  • BOND APPLICATION (PDF) if required.


  • Fax: 619-461-8467
  • Email:
  • File upload: can be done on order page
  • Text: 619-609-7965

Please note: Bonds cannot be processed until we receive the required documentation and payment.

Products (Total Items: 3 )